Is It For You?
A JEM mentee is a business owner/president/decision maker at a for-profit business who has the desire to grow his or her company, yet recognizes the need for a mentor that will help them develop as a leader and navigate through those challenging business decisions (see Mentee Guidelines).
- Current CEO/president/decision maker for a for-profit business and in that role for a minimum for one year.
- Business must be in operation for a minimum of three years and generate over $1 million in annual revenue.
- Business must have a minimum of four full-time employees (contract employees may be counted).
- Applicant must have the ability and willingness to grow their business.
- Applicant must have the desire and commitment to actively meet with a mentor; JEM is a three year commitment with meetings twice a month in the first year and once a month in second and third years.
- Applicants, once accepted and matched, must be willing to commit to a three year mentor/mentee relationship with an annual fee of $4,000.
- Participants must attend at least six JEM event every year (one event is scheduled per month, from August through May, typically two hours long, with no extra cost to attend).